You need your teeth in your everyday life to eat and even talk properly. Without them, you could suffer difficulties in daily tasks we often take for granted. That is why protecting your teeth is essential to keeping your oral health in top-notch shape throughout the years.
At our practice, Dr. Lupy D. Gonzalez understands the structure of your teeth and how important it is to take care of them. To help you protect your teeth, our team at Clearpoint Dentistry is happy to share some information about what things you should look out for that can damage your teeth.
Here is a list of things to look out for that can damage your teeth:
– Mouth jewelry: Mouth jewelry can lead to infections, chipped teeth and nerve damage.
– Stained Teeth: Various substances in foods and drinks are known to cause stains and discolorations in the teeth.
– Lack of dental visits: If you do not visit your dentist regularly, you can suffer from oral health risks or fail to get the restorations you need.
– Sports: If you do not wear safety gear during sports, you could end up suffering from an oral accident.
– Poor oral hygiene: Poor oral hygiene opens you up to an array of risks, including gum disease and tooth decay.
– Bad habits: Bad habits, such as smoking or drinking, can damage your teeth.
– Hard foods: Various hard foods can fracture your teeth if they are too hard to bite into.
If you look out for these things and keep up with your oral hygiene, you could preserve your teeth and help them in staying healthy throughout your lifetime. If you have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 281-487-2400 to make an appointment with our dentist in Houston, Texas. Our team is always happy to help you with your smile.