Mouthwash has long been considered an active fighter in the battle for optimum oral health, but not always. Due to an influx of mouthwash products on the market, many are advertised simply as breath fresheners, and most lack the capabilities and ingredients necessary to actively fight against bacteria and tooth decay. With the help of your dentist, you can find which product is right for you.
Below is a list of helpful tips about mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
– Depending on the ingredients, some mouthwashes can even brighten teeth.
– Be careful not only to look for cosmetic mouthwashes but therapeutic ones as well. The best mouthwashes are ones that not only can freshen your breath, but also fight bacteria, tooth decay, and gum disease. Always look for products that have the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
– Mouthwash can fight halitosis (harmful bacteria that causes bad breath) and can freshen your breath.
– Mouthwash helps prevent and fight the effects of tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can prevent tartar from forming. Tartar occurs when plaque hardens around the teeth. Tartar buildup can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
An oft-forgotten oral hygiene tool at your disposal, mouthwash can reach places that brushing and flossing alone may miss. For more helpful hygienic habits, please schedule an oral exam and professional cleaning with Clearpoint Dentistry. For more detailed services, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Lupy D. Gonzalez. We can be reached via phone at 281-487-2400, or by stopping by at our location in Houston, Texas. Our team is here waiting to help get you the smile you’ve always wanted.